Most people have heard of the Bucket List, a list of things you want to have achieved before you die. Well there's mine on the right side of the screen. I thought this blog would be a fun way to document each item as I accomplish it, and hear others opinion's on my Bucket List items. If anyone ever finds my little blog, feel free to leave comments, I'd love to hear from you. It would amaze me to have people decided to follow it!

Saturday 1 June 2013

Dodge Ball is Awesome!

When I started university I had no clue I would be joining a dodge ball team.  The residence I lived in was organized into towers, and each floor of students in the towers formed their own team.  I lived in the Kelsey Tower, and was on the third floor, so my team was called 3K.  Most people believe that dodge ball is a game only played in high school gym class, but at the University of Alberta it's a fast paced, serious game.


Before each game the teams do a chants that have been used by the floors for years, and we stand to sing the national anthem.  Playing dodge ball with 18-21 year old guys is scary, they can throw the ball extremely fast.  When we play each team has ten guys, who position just in front of the back wall, and go to the front when they want to throw.  In front of the boys are seven girls, which are called shaggers.  Shagger's role is to dodge incoming balls, then after they hit the wall, they stop them to prevent the balls from rolling back to the other side.  It is hard to explain, but the games are entertaining to watch, and even funnier to play.  I love the team spirit that comes with dodgeball, it is by far my favorite sport to play, and now that it is summer I miss it greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment