Most people have heard of the Bucket List, a list of things you want to have achieved before you die. Well there's mine on the right side of the screen. I thought this blog would be a fun way to document each item as I accomplish it, and hear others opinion's on my Bucket List items. If anyone ever finds my little blog, feel free to leave comments, I'd love to hear from you. It would amaze me to have people decided to follow it!

Thursday 14 March 2013

My Green Onions Grew!!!!!!!!

As I showed in Grow Green Onions I started growing green onions like I had seen on the internet.  I had my doubts about whether or not it would work, but it did!  I left them suspended in water, in my residence room when I went home for spring break.  A week later I came back to discover they had grown to the size that I bought originally in the store.  They continue to grow rapidly, reaching over 40 cm long.


At that point I realized I don't eat many green onions...ever.  It was really cool that it worked, but this plant was growing too quick. Because it was taking up room on my desk, I ended up chucking them.  This would be an awesome idea for people who don't live in tiny residence rooms, and like to eat lots of green onions.

2 comments: